Justice Resource Institute (JRI) is a multi-service agency which is proud to operate Day Schools and Residential Programs that include a school. We are searching for qualified teachers to join our Relief Pool for the 2020/2021 School Year. We are seeking energetic, caring, team-oriented individuals who are int interested in working with an exciting and engaging student population.
We are looking for teachers to be added to our roster, and can be called to fill in as substitutes in both the short term and long term (if needed).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing instruction, encouraging student progress, and managing the learning environment in the absence of the full-time classroom teacher.
- Encourage learning through following existing learning plans.
- Demonstrating effective interpersonal skills interacting with students, teacher aides, administrators and other departments.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior experience working with children and adolescents in a supported setting
- Ability to verbally interact with students, families, and collateral contact
- Demonstrate basic computer proficiency with google platform and/or Word/Excel
- Maintain a valid driver's license and be able to operate a vehicle
- Acceptable CORI and background check
- Able to work independently
Starting Rate: $25/hour
Stop by to fill out an application:
249 North Plain Road (Route 41)
Housatonic, MA 01236
Call: Kara Smith at: (413) 528-2523